Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Khuli Chana: Freshe Video Shoot



This had to be one of the most interesting experiences of my life. Khanyi asked me to help her out an take a spot in her music video so, naturally I was happy to be of assistance. I had no idea what we had to do when I got there (7am I must add), but on arrival and two coffees later, I was given a tiny dress... It turns out I had to dance with a bunch of girls and try to look pretty. Okay, I thought, could dig it. Turns out I was gonna be one of 6 girls in Khuli Chana's new video for a track called Freshe. It's a great song, I love it, but I had no idea who this cat was. Well I did my research and Khuli Chana is a young man who won best newcomer at the 2009 Channel O awards. That is pretty impressive, and I guess I now know why... The guy's got swag. Anyway, for this video he was collaborating with pH, Leo Large, along with Mahlatse and Tede and Ill Skillz, and coming to Cape Town seemed like a great idea to his manager Refiloe, who's on point and extremely easy to respect. Stylists everywhere, hair, make up, music, producers, photos... it was madness! From 6 in the morning to 6 at night, we were busy. I met some great girls, the guys were mad funny,  and everything wrapped up pretty well. Urban Mosadi and Kitsi were behind the styling, which consisted of Head Honcho, Shelflife and others stores on the same tip. Deon at hair and make up did an aweome job, he's such a sweetheart. All the hard work payed off and everything looked decent... When it gets released I'll link it up!

Take a listen >>>Freshe
Check out Urban Mosadi's blog for more visuals...

No comments:

Post a Comment